Saturday, April 19, 2014

How do you care for your hands and nails?



It's been a long time since my nails have been so strong and my hands so soft. I used to pride myself with being a heavy hand cream user and a nail care worshipper but I've only recently realised that I had not really found the right products to get results with.
That has long changed ever since I started using the Trind Balm and Base coat/strengthener. Those two have made all the difference in the world and I can now pretty much scratch walls and the wall will give in before my nails will. I don't advise anyone to do it though.

I cannot emphasise this enough: Moisturising is the key to everything!
A happy face, soft hands and all-round satisfied skin.
That's why I've stocked up on L'Occitane  hand creams.  My favourite is the Shea Butter one because it's so rich and creamy, but I'm a sucker for packaging, so the Black Cherry hand cream had to come along too. The latter is much more watery and not necessarily as effective as the Shea Butter one, but if you want your hands to shimmer, it has glitter in it. Seriously.
I've only discovered it after seeing light reflect much to nicely off my palms. If I'd have to pick, it will be Shea Butter anytime.

And let us not forget cuticles and how they can make or break the clean and cared for look of a hand. Nobody likes dry or fringy cuticles...as is to be expected. I like to keep them happy with the Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream and it has not failed yet, in almost a year I've been using it.

So how do you keep your hands and nails happy?





                                You can also Follow on * Bloglovin *  Twitter * Facebook 

7 comments:

  1. Great hand and nail care items! I'll have to look into some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were to pick just one, it would be the Trind balm if your nails are less than strong and the shea butter hand cream if you're hands need TLC :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't really found my holy grail of hand treatment yet if I'm honest, but I totally agree with you on the l'occitane shea butter hand cream!

    Also, the scratching the walls bit made me laugh out loud xD hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks! The wall scratching came from the time I grazed one and was sure my nail would be dead...but it wasn't!

      Delete
  3. This is a great routin! I love that Burt's Bees product and L'Occitane creams too. Nevertheless my nails are really weak, maybe I should give that Trind product a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely recommend the Trind ones! I'm pretty sure they made all the difference, especially the balm

      Delete
  4. nice shot and love your recommendation of products. L'Occitane is my first preference in skin treatment for the hands!

    Check out my latest posts on the Blog and Happy Easter! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP | Coachella Style Inspo
    RASSP | Easter Recipes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...