Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday Blues: Snowflake Nails

In autumn ( so that's 2 months ago) I put some flakies on a dark red polish and it looked like foliage. You can see it HERE.
Well, in winter, I figured the flakies could give a winter air so I tried it in a blue polish this time.
I'm afraid I picked the wrong shade of blue though, because it didn't really give me the frosty feel. I think it might also have something to do with the warm reflexes in the flakes that really contradict with the cold blue tone.
But I figured I'd show it to you anyway, since you can use the idea, learn from my mistakes and get a much more awesome result.
I think it's the time to get either the Essie or China Glaze flakies for this one.        


Essence Nail Art Special Effect Topper and Essence I Like Bad Boys  winter manicure flakies swatch
I went all Essence for this one it seems. Wasn't my intention but I had gotten the blue a while ago and mainly just wanted to try it.

Essence Nail Art Special Effect Topper and Essence I Like Bad Boys  winter manicure flakies swatch










Essence Nail Art Special Effect Topper and Essence I Like Bad Boys.

But enough about me, let's see what the other ladies did to fight them monday blues.



Gosia from Life in Color!
Mihaela from Lacquerbuzz
Marisa from Polish Obsession 
Mandy from Chameleon Stampede          






                             You can also Follow on * Twitter * FacebookBloglovin *    

12 comments:

  1. Se vede foarte foarte bine oja aceasta cu sclipicelul deasupra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. si are si oja de fapt sclipici in ea,e destul de misto ea de felu ei :D

      Delete
  2. just love ittt <3
    follow back?:)
    http://thatswhywesmile.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so pretty! xx

    seeking--serendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I should get the essie flakies methinks,they're frostier :P

      Delete
  5. These are so cute x

    www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I just wish I would have gone with a lighter blue,this one has some gray undertones

      Delete
  6. This Essence top coat is toooooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a good idea to present flakies as snowflakes!! it looks beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...