Saturday, December 22, 2012

My Favorite Face Oils

I have concluded that my dry skin doesn't really react that good to creams, moisturizers or serums. What I have discovered is that my skin LOVES natural oils and butters!  
So here are the oils that are very good to my skin, especially through the winter months.

Argan Oil: is what I use on a daily basis now. It's perfect as a make-up base also. You wouldn't think it is because well...it's an oil. But it has no oily residue and your skin just feels moisturized a few seconds after applying it.
I use it before going to bed and in the morning. Especially in winter, you need an extra barrier against the cold and I find this to be ideal.
By now, I would suppose we all know what argan oil can do, having great anti aging properties and moisturizing gorgeously. Another thing I do with it is apply some on my hands and hair before going to bed. It really reduces the need for hand cream and in the hair department, it really helps with keeping it from drying out, especially with long hair like mine, where the tips are always at risk.

Apricot Kernel Oil: I use this more in summer, as it's lighter than many of the other oils and doesn't mind the heat. I've written a review about it HERE where you can read all about the great things it can do.

Rosehip Oil: I like to mix it with other oils, but when I use it alone it gives my skin an incredibly gorgeous glow.This one also falls into the category of oils full of antioxidants and anti-wrinkle/aging properties. I prefer to use it at night, after cleaning my face, because at night your skin is at its thirstiest and will appreciate the help even more.

And now, to the heavy duty oils

                          
Avocado Oil: I use this oil, like the next one I will show you, when I need extra moisturizing. It's not an everyday kind of oil, not even for insanely dry skin such as mine, because it is very effective in what it does and there's no need to overdo it. When I feel I need an extra boost of vitamin E and hydration I got for the avocado oil. 
If you have acne or itchy skin, it's even better, since it will soothe your skin.
And if we're talking super antioxidants, this oil is definitely the place to go. 

I saved the bast for last, as you do, and that is

Pomegranate Oil: When I don't use it as a face oil, I use it as an eye cream. Honest! This is my ultimate dry skin savior, as only one use on the face will cure any dryness.
This oils has the best wrinkle fighting, age signs reducing and hydrating properties of all. That's why it's also perfect for the skin around your eyes.It has a very thick texture so you will need very little of it. 
Pomegranate seed oil adds moisture, anti-oxidants, is anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, improves skin elasticity, and protects the skin. It provides relief from minor skin irritations and inflammation, including dry skin, eczema, psoriasis and sunburned skin.
I'd like to add it in the "great oils" category and is definitely a huge favorite.

If I'd have to chose, I'd probably always have Argan and Pomegranate oil with me.

Whatever oil you use or plan on using, make sure they are unrefined and as little messed around with as possible, or else many of the benefits or the oils will be lost.

Do you use any oils? If so,which ones? I'm always looking for more!








                                      You can also Follow on * Twitter * FacebookBloglovin *    

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great product. I love when one product can do so much! Thanks for sharing. Jamaican Black Castor Oil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bodhi Desert Rose Rejuvenating Face Oil, OV Naturals, unique naturals, green people and suti - got a bit of an addiction to face oils x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...