Monday, June 3, 2013

Geometric Tips - The New French Manicure

This week I've been hooked on Pinterest. Even got my mother a Pinterest account and the sheer fact that my mother is surfin the web is a miracle in itself. So you can imagine that picking Pinterest as her go-to account is a big deal.
In any case, on Pinterest, apart from bunnies and food, I have been looking at nails. What a great place for ideas it is! Well, the fact is that I've seen a lot of geometric manicures happen so I wanted to do my little twist on it. Which meant, just base coat and then a nice color on the tips. I'm really not a fan of tips of any sort, especially since the so gracious french tip has been turned into an atrocity. But this, I must say, is a very flattering thing. It elongates any nail and makes it even look "thinner", or you know, less wide.


geometric angle french manicure tips nails






What do you think?
To my surprise, I think it turned out really well and all you need is scotch tape! I mean ok, it takes some practicing with the left hand, but even a mildly botched up manicure on my right still looks good.

Of course you can do this with a color underneath also, but I seem to have a little fascination with this splash of color on a naked nail.

And with that being said, let's take a peek at what everyone else did to get their blues on today!


                          You can also Follow on * Bloglovin *  Twitter * Facebook 

                And don't forget to check out the Summer inspired GIVEAWAY I have going on!

11 comments:

  1. super, arata foarte bine! parca sunt facute la salon ;*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunt facute acasa cu scotch :))
      Dar mana cealalta n-a iesit la fel de artistic :P

      Delete
  2. Foarte faina ideea, mi-am facut si eu unghiile albastre ieri, pacat ca n-ai postat mai devreme. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea, it is really pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I should try it with more colors too :)

      Delete
  4. So cute and elegant, I should definitely try this look on one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely easy, if I even managed to do it with my left hand :P

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...