Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday Blues: Swirl Nails

Hello Victims of Monday!
I hope you're having a good morning even if it might be an earlier one than we like.

It's time for some blue nails again and this time I finally did the swirl nails I've been staring at since This Post.

Took me a while to figure out how to do them, because I had some magically failed attempts.
Started with much polish and not well executed swirls, continued with wrong colors and ended up with a life saving discovery. The discovery was making the swirls separately and then transferring them on my nails.

It is not water marbling though, so you can all breathe easy now! And I will also show you soon enough how it's done as I didn't photograph the process this time.



I think for a first attempt, it turned out pretty ok and I'm also impressed by this Catrice polish. It's a deep, almost space blue with a perfect amount of shimmer in it.

I'm dying to try some more combinations, I'm just wondering what could work well together and make the swirls really visible.
I think the grey for example is a bit too dark, so next time I will go lighter for sure.


Do you have any suggestions for colors? And have you tried doing Swirl Nails yet?

Like I said,I will do a tutorial soon, with different colors and after some more experimenting and perfecting and maybe I can do them with your colors of choice.

Here are the other lovely ladies who are putting on the blues to celebrate the new week, so make sure you take a look at what they've been doing! 



Gosia from Life in Color!
Mihaela from Lacquerbuzz
Mandy from Chameleon Stampede
Marisa from Polish Obsession

You can also Follow on * Twitter * FacebookBloglovin * 

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thankyou! Gonna show you how to do it soon! :)

      Delete
  2. ive never tried this type of mani yet... was it messy? i love the blues uve used xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! It was probably the neatest looking to date!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You're right! Never occurred to me but now that you say it,it is indeed like Starry Night! Ha,awesome,thanks!

      Delete
  4. This looks so beautiful! I can't wait for the tutorial!

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. coming soon! Do you have any color preferences?

      Delete
  5. Really cool! I need to learn this technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprisingly easy, I think it can be done in more ways,but the way I did it,it was dry within seconds on my nails and I loved that

      Delete
  6. Oh I can't wait to see the tutorial!! Never tried swirl nails!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm preparing to photograph it as we speak! Do you have any colors you'd wanna see swirled?

      Delete
  7. Thankyou! I think the colors make it cool :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the result!! I was doing a swirl nail myself the other day, but I still need a little more practice :)
    Love how your blue swirl turned out!

    X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...