The one thing I couldn't control or reverse are the years I spent in the pool with swim training, surrounded by face destroying and skin drying chlorine.
So now, all I can do is try to keep my newly dry skin happy.
I normally use organic oils, like The Amazing Apricot Oil I posted about, or just as organic butters, like Raw Shea Butter that I was also praising a while back.
I think that the more natural, the better. This brings us to my newest favorite: Organic Rose Water
the apricot oil , it's always best to get your products as close from the source as possible.
Bulgaria is known as being the world's biggest Rose Water producer, so when I got this in Romania ( which borders to Bulgaria) I was lucky enough to pay considerably less than if I had gotten it anywhere else, if I would have found it to begin with.
This thing is beautiful! It has one ingredient: Roses , which is right up my alley when it comes to keeping the ingredient list short. You can't really beat one ingredient,can you?
I use it every morning on my face. I don't wash my face anymore, I clean it with rose water and my skin looks like I had been walking in fresh air for hours.
- Some say that rose water is a source of antioxidants, which can help strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissue. It is said to be especially good on sensitive skin types (such as my face).
- Those like myself, who have dry skin, can use rose water as a moisturizer. The natural oils in the petals trap moisture and the sugars found in the rose water have a soothing effect on the skin.
- Because rose oil has anti-inflammatory properties, using rose water can help in reducing the redness from irritated or over-heated skin. Of course if you have rose oil at hand too, add a drop of that and you get extra points.
- It is a great cleanser and removes oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores. That's why it's perfect for preventing acne and pimples.
- It has astringent like properties (closes up pores), which is why it is used after facials and clean ups to close open pores.
I say you give it a try if you can, if you can't get hold of it, let me know and I'll try my best to help you!
And I don't know if you've seen it yet, but I'm holding my First International Giveaway where you can win some of my favorite products!