Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Amazing Apricot Oil

I've learned pretty fast that natural skin care products are the best when they either are purchased from or in the country of origin, or in countries which still have a good connection with the roots of beauty.

That's why, after trying several things out, I've come to the conclusion that in Romania, you might find the best face cream ever! ( Gerovital ) and that getting oils from there is also a brilliant idea, especially such as Apricot Kernel Oil, which they produce.


Not to mention the fact that getting them straight from the source is always cheaper!


That is why I picked up this one. 10 ml for 2 Euro is a bargain if you ask me, especially for such a great product.And you can find this oil at pretty much every pharmacy there.


What makes it amazing?

Let's start off by saying it has a very high Vitamin E content.Vitamin E is one of your skin's favorite things.It needs it to stay in shape and glowing.
It is a very mild oil and it's often used in baby products. If baby skin likes it, there's a good chance your skin will too.
"Rich in essential fatty acids like oleic and linoleic acid, apricot kernel oil is high in vitamin A. Since it easily penetrates the skin, it is good oil for prematurely aged, dry or irritated skin. The excellent softening and moisturizing properties is great for face, hands and hair. Vitamins A & C are good for mature dry or sensitive skin. The apricot kernel oil helps skin retain elasticity, clarity, and suppleness. Crushed Apricot Kernels are commonly used as a facial mask to soften the skin."

In traditional Chinese medicine, apricot oil is used to calm the skin and irritations caused by eczema or dermatitis.It also has anti-inflamatory properties, which means it reduces swelling. Not to mention that it is ideal for acne and acne prone skin as it also known for reducing said condition.

As a matter of fact, if you want to use it for acne:
Mix 1 ounce of apricot kernel oil
12 drops of lavender essential oil
7 drops of tea tree essential oil and
1 drop of geranium essential oil in an amber colored clean bottle.
Then apply to the needed areas of your skin.


A great thing about it is, that because it is such a gentle oil, it penetrates your skin without leaving any fatty residue, which, if you have some patience and let it sink in, will make it a great make-up base!



From what I've tried on my face and a weird  new rash on my arm, I can say it has indeed made my face look brilliant and my rash slowly go away. All you need is a couple of drops in the palm of your hand and you're good to go!


All in all

I say you MUST give it a try and you will see that you will not be sorry!



                                  You can also Follow on * Twitter * FacebookBloglovin *

16 comments:

  1. I'm such a freak for natural skincare, I will be grabbing myself a bottle. Thank you xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Will take oil over super awesomely advertised and recommended cream any time! xx

      Delete
  2. Fabulous!!! I hope I can get hold of it somewhere in London or a good one from the Internet. I will be trying this for sure and might make the mixture with the other oils you mentioned, for my acne. I cant believe how cheap it was in Romania!! Awesome! xx

    www.allthatslap.com

    Grace x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If not,let me know and I'll try to get some of this for you too x

      Delete
  3. Indeed you can find natural oils in Romania cheap. I am Romanian, but I am studying in Finland and I always make my parents send me different skin care stuff from home :) There is also great clay for masks for acne prone skin :) I tried it myself and there is a post on my blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaahaa! The Argila!Good stuff!:D If my skin wouldn't be dry I'd slap some on more often. But I don't have skin issues in general,except needing to moisturize,so oils are a favorite!

      Delete
    2. But how did you get this oil from Romania?

      Delete
    3. Went into the pharmacy and got it while in Romania :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a fab product and damn.. the price is right!! I've never seen it here in Singapore though so I'm not sure when I'll get to try it on my horrible acne scars :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to start a "who can't get it" thread and then get it for them,to make things easier :P

      Delete
  5. This sounds lovely!! Did you went to Romania? Ixx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of apricot oil properties. Wow, sounds pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very welcome! I'm all for oils for your body and I keep discovering more,which was the case of this particular one also. It's lovely!

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much, I've been after something like this for a long time :-)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I'm debating over doing a new post about avocado or jojoba oil. Which would you prefer?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...